Saturday, October 3, 2009

Stuffed Hamburgers

So, I never exactly stick to my plan. It just never quite happens that way, but I usually take the inspiration of what I planned and do something with that.

We made the stuffed hamburgers, but I didn't actually ever make the buns, so we used lettuce wraps. Super yummy! For the side, we did the spinach salad.

Stuffed Hamburgers

2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
diced onion (I dice an entire onion and store it in the fridge, then sprinkle in a little for my recipes.)
1 T worcestershire sauce
1 T soy sauce
1 1/2 t seasoned salt
1 t garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
2 c shredded cheese (your choice)

1. Mix all the ingredients except the cheese together in a medium bowl.

2. Begin shaping the burgers. Pick up about half of the amount of ground beef you usually use to make your burgers. (I usually make smaller rather than larger burgers, so adjust to your burger style). Flatten the patty in your hand, making a well in the center (but don't let it make a hole in the meat). Place about 2 T of shredded cheese in the well (more for larger burgers).

3. Taking an equal sized amount of meat again, place it over the cheese and fold together until it forms a patty with no cheese showing.

4. Cook the burgers over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway.

5. Serve over buns with favored condiments.



No comments:

Post a Comment