5 oz spinach
diced red onion
1. Toss together spinach, onion, and vinaigrette (I like to go light on the onion).
2. Top with chopped walnuts and berries of the same persuasion as your vinaigrette.
1/3 c berries of your choice (I have used strawberries and raspberries, and loved them both)
2 T sugar
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1/4 c canola oil (or olive oil if you're a stickler...but remember, this is a budget recipe site)
1 T or so of garlic salt
1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine sliced berries and sugar. Microwave on high 1 min.
2. In a separate bowl, slowly whisk oil into the vinegar. Then, add garlic salt. Taste, adding more salt or pepper if you prefer.
3. Take out the hot berries and mash with a fork or whisk. Pour into the vinegar mixture, then pour over the salad and toss.